Full width home advertisement

Travel the world

Climb the mountains

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

New York Jets co-proprietor Christopher Johnson will pay any fines his players may be exposed to as a feature of the NFL's new national song of praise approach.

Per Newsday's Bob Glauber, Johnson tended to the circumstance Wednesday:

"I don't care for forcing any club-explicit standards. In the event that someone [on the Jets] takes a knee, that fine will be borne by the association, by me, not the players. I never need to put limitations on the discourse of our players. Do I lean toward that they stand? Obviously. Yet, I comprehend on the off chance that they wanted to dissent. There are some huge, convoluted issues that we're all battling with, and our players are on the forefronts. I would prefer not to descend on them like a huge amount of blocks, and I won't. There will be no club fines or suspensions or any kind of repercussions. On the off chance that the group gets fined, that is simply something I'll need to tolerate."

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, under the new strategy, NFL work force may remain in the locker room on the off chance that they would prefer not to represent the national hymn. Groups could be exposed to fines if players or staff don't remain amid the song of devotion while on the field.

The arrangement additionally states groups can build up their very own guidelines in regards to faculty who decide not to remain amid the song of devotion, as long for what it's worth related to the new association wide strategies.

As per Rapoport, NFL proprietors passed the new arrangement consistently. Be that as it may, San Francisco 49ers proprietor Jed York said he declined the vote, per Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times.

Johnson recently stood up against a standard change compelling players to remain amid the national song of devotion.

"I can't address how other individuals run their groups, however I simply imagine that endeavoring to coercively inspire the players to quiets down is an incredibly terrible thought," he told correspondents in March.

Woody Johnson, Christopher's sibling and Jets co-proprietor, is the United States envoy to the United Kingdom for President Donald Trump.

Trump has stood in opposition to NFL player dissents amid the national song of praise. He said proprietors should fire any individual who stoops amid the song of praise at a rally in Alabama last September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib